How to Reactivate PAN: According to the recent government directive, it is mandatory to link your PAN card (Aadhar-PAN Linking) with your Aadhaar card. The deadline for this was June 30, 2021. If you have not yet linked your PAN card to the Aadhaar card, you must be wondering what to do next.
Consequences of not linking PAN and Aadhaar: Aadhar-PAN Linking
If you have not linked your PAN and Aadhaar within the deadline, your PAN card will become inoperative or invalid. This means that you cannot use your PAN card for financial transactions. You cannot file an income tax return, open a bank account or make investments with your PAN card.
Under a law called the Income Tax Act, if you have a PAN card and are eligible for an Aadhaar number, you must share your Aadhaar number with the government before July 1, 2017. Some bad things can happen to you, but there are exceptions to this rule. Aadhaar-PAN coupler
The Finance Act, 2021 inserted a new section 234H into the law to carry out the process of PAN-Aadhaar linkage to identify fake PANs. This section provides that if a person who is required to provide information about his Aadhaar under subsection (2) of section 139AA on or before the stated date, he may provide information under subsection (2) of section 139AA after the said date shall, at the time of giving notice, be liable to pay an amount not exceeding one thousand rupees, as may be prescribed.
How do I activate an inactive PAN card? , Aadhaar-PAN link
If every 30 June by 2023 Mine Aadhaar and PAN connect Doing Wrong to go have and want to do later It Fine To give Will happen.
If your pan card is not working Is so you one Simple Process to adopt This regarding To work do it Can Are. Government By Narrate Is that if you Us base (A Other Identification letter) News from Correct to authority to give Are And Rs 1,000 fee to give Arethen your PAN card 30 to dawn Will go back to work indoors. For example, if you Mine base Report Doing Arethen your PAN card will work again on or before August 9. But until when this regarding not start working gives, until then everyone regulations must obeyIf;
Rule 114AAA of the Income Tax Rules provides that if a person’s PAN is inoperative, he/she will be unable to provide, disclose or quote his/her PAN and that such failure will be liable for all consequences under the law. This would have several implications such as:-
- If the person does not work for filing returns using their PAN, they cannot use it.
- Pending returns will not be processed
- Pending refunds cannot be issued to a non-functioning PAN
- If there is something wrong with your tax return and your tax identification number is not active, the process to resolve the issue cannot continue.
- If your PAN card doesn’t work, the government will collect more tax from you.
How to Reactivate Your PAN Card: Aadhar-PAN Linking
- If your PAN card stops working because it is not linked to Aadhaar, you can still activate it by following these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Income tax e-filing website and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ option.
- Step 2: Please provide your PAN number, Aadhaar number and your name exactly as it appears on your Aadhaar card.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
- Step 4: Your PAN card will be linked to your Aadhaar card.
It is important to note that if you have already linked your PAN and Aadhaar but the details do not match, you will need to update the details and link them again. You can do this by following these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Income Tax e-filing website and click on the ‘Update Aadhaar Details’ option.
- Step 2: Enter your PAN number and Aadhaar number.
- Step 3: Update the details which do not match your Aadhaar card.
- step 4: Press the ‘Save’ button to save what you are working on.
- Step 5: Your updated details will be verified with UIDAI and your PAN card will be linked to your Aadhaar card.
Meanwhile, the Income Tax Department said on Friday that it will consider cases where PAN’s linkage with Aadhaar is yet to take place, provided that people have given their consent and paid the fee before June 30. Aadhaar-PAN coupler
The department found that some people had problems receiving receipts after paying the fee for linking their Aadhaar and PAN cards.
After logging in, you can check on the website whether your fine has been paid. Once payment is made, you can link your PAN card to your Aadhaar card.
In cases where authorization for payment of fees and linkage has been received, but linkage has not been made until June 30, such cases will be duly considered by the Department.
If you live in some states, you don’t need to link your PAN card to your Aadhaar card. This group includes people who are not from India or who are really old and live in some states.
Also read this:- Patience of small dams is breaking due to rising water level in Ghaggar