The real reason behind the demonetization of 2000 notes went viral.

RBI news update
RBI News Update The real reason behind the demonetization of 000 notes went viral, know the latest updates from RBI

Mumbai. RBI News Update: Notes worth Rs 2.72 lakh crore have been returned till June 30 this year after the Reserve Bank (RBI) announced the withdrawal of Rs 2,000. The statement from the RBI said that Rs 3.62 lakh crore worth of two thousand notes was in circulation till 31 March 2023 which amounted to Rs 3.56 lakh crore as of 19 May.

The withdrawal of Rs 2000 notes was announced on May 19 this year. Following this announcement, Rs 2,000 notes worth Rs 2.72 lakh crore were returned to the banks until June 30, 2023. During this period, 0.76 percent of the total Rs 2,000 notes in circulation have been returned. In this way, only Rs 2000 notes worth Rs 0.84 lakh crore are now in circulation.

Citing data collected from major banks, the RBI said that of the total Rs 2,000 notes in banks, 87 per cent came back as deposits while the remaining 13 per cent was exchanged. The last date to redeem Rs 2,000 notes is September 30.

If the transaction is suspicious, the bank will report this. RBI news update

A senior official at a public sector bank said he keeps getting instructions from the Income Tax Department. Therefore, special attention is paid to Jan Dhan account. If there is a ‘suspicious’ transaction on a Jan Dhan account, it will be reported. IRS officials say artificial intelligence will also be used in this regard. They believe that black money hoarders may resort to similar tactics to cash their Rs 2,000 notes.

How much do you get on a torn bill? Banknote of 2000 rupee

According to RBI, the treatment of mutilated notes depends on its condition. According to the report, the length of a two thousand rupee note is 16.6, the width is 6.6 and the area is 109.56. In such a situation, if the 200 bill is 88 cm square, you will get full money, while at 44 cm square, you will get only half the money.

Where to deposit money Banknote of 2000 rupee

Let us tell you that the bank does not charge the customers to exchange the mutilated notes, but it can refuse to exchange the notes in very bad condition. You can deposit the notes that are in worse condition at the RBI office.

Cybercrime: Be careful, the methods of cyberfraud are changing every moment, keep these things in mind

Leave a Comment