Jammu (Agency). Earthquake: Mild earthquakes were felt twice on Monday morning with an interval of five minutes in the Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir. Officials here today said the earthquake’s intensity, which struck at 5:38 a.m., was measured at 4.9 on the Richter scale. it’s raining today
The epicenter of the earthquake was located at 33.15 degrees latitude and 75.68 degrees longitude at a depth of 10 km. Meanwhile, the second earthquake measuring 3.6 on the Richter scale occurred at 0543 am. The epicenter was at 33.15 degrees latitude and 75.7 degrees longitude at a depth of eight kilometers. He said mild tremors were also felt in the cities of Udhampur, Jammu and Srinagar. A senior Doda official said no injuries or damage have been reported so far from the quake.
Today’s weather in Haryana and Punjab: be careful! Heavy rain warning in Haryana, Punjab
Do not do this during an earthquake. Earthquake
- Do not use the lift during an earthquake.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator to get out.
- If you’re stuck somewhere, don’t run away.
- If you are driving a car or any other vehicle, stop it immediately.
- If you are driving a vehicle, stop the vehicle on the side of the road away from the bridge.
- In case of an earthquake, move immediately to a safe and open place.
- During an earthquake, keep away from heavy objects above windows, cabinets, fans, etc.
What is the Richter Scale? Earthquake
The tremor in the ground at the time of an earthquake is called the Richter Scale or Magnitude. The full name of the Richter scale is the Richter test scale. The higher the intensity of an earthquake on the Richter scale, the more the ground shakes. As the intensity of an earthquake increases, so does the damage. For example, an earthquake with a magnitude of 8 on the Richter scale will cause more damage. While a magnitude 3 or 4 earthquake will be mild.
- Earthquakes with a magnitude of 0 to 1.9 are only detected by seismographs.
- Earthquakes with a magnitude of 2 to 2.9 cause only minor tremors.
- During a magnitude 3 to 3.9 earthquake, it feels like a truck has driven past.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 4 to 4.9 can shatter windows.
- At a force of 5 to 5.9, household items can shake.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 6 to 6.9 can cause cracks in the foundations of buildings.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 7 to 7.9 can topple buildings.
- Large bridges can also collapse in an earthquake with a magnitude of 8 to 8.9.
- Earthquakes with a magnitude of more than 9 can cause complete devastation.
- If the ocean is close, a tsunami can also occur.
Indradev’s anger lasted for thirty hours, rivers, streams and pits took on a savage form. it’s raining today
In the Una district of Himachal Pradesh, the situation is going from bad to worse due to the rainfall since the past 30 hours. Pits and drains abound. At the same time, the river Zwaan, which flows through 75 auxiliary wells and drains, has also taken on a ferocious shape. The condition in all areas is that houses, shops, business establishments, fields, roads and grounds are flooded everywhere. Due to flooding in houses and shops, many people fell out of their sleep and they stayed all night to remove the water.
The situation is such that, given the threat of flooding, people have been keeping watch all night in many places. At the same time, flooding on the roads also caused traffic disruption. In many areas, the traffic system was disrupted by the strong water flow on the roads and long queues of vehicles formed on both sides.
Whether it is a city or a village, rainwater has wreaked havoc everywhere. On the one hand, the teams of the fire brigade were busy all day draining rainwater from the houses and shops of the people, on the other hand, the local people are also busy with assistance at their own level. According to locals, this time the continuous rains since Saturday have caused great damage. Destruction is visible everywhere. On the other hand, D Raghav Sharma viewed the damage by convening an emergency meeting with the officials given the huge problems.
Instructions were also given regarding rescue operations. The deputy commissioner said that the district disaster management helpline number 1077 is operational and anyone can seek help in case of emergency by calling this number. So far, the district administration has received 57 calls for help, while some people have also been rescued in Rampur and Nangra near the district headquarters. The DC said no one should go near the river drains amid such rain conditions.